A House in France
"When we first set eyes on Mas Couvaloup, a small farmhouse nestled against a hill in the Mont Ventoux area, we knew it should be ours. Actually it was too small for our large family, but sometimes the spirit and character of a place immediately speak to you and you just know... The Romans called this feeling Genus Loci, the spirit of the place." Jet
'Couvaloup' means something like 'wolf den', or 'home of the wolf'.
Mas Couvaloup is an old farmhouse dating from the 1800s, available for holiday rentals. It is not a large house, but it has a personality and with its golden stone façade it is beautiful and unpretentious at the same time. It sits in a little valley near Vaison la Romaine, famous for its Roman village. From the house one has beautiful views on the surrounding hills. Mont Ventoux and Le Dentelles de Montmirail are close by. The revived farmhouse shares its old foundations with cipresses that pierce the blue skies, parasol pines, ancient olive trees and its own small lavender field. A row of 200 year old lime trees in front of the house gives shade. Afternoons can be spent relaxing under a lime tree or in the 12 x 5 meter swimming pool.
“Le Mas Couvaloup was the perfect basecamp for our trip to the best part of France; Provence. We could tour perched medieval villages with beautiful 1000 year old abbayes, visit lively farmers markets and restaurants in picturesque courtyard gardens. But we wanted to be back by 5 pm to swim in the pool and enjoy the quiet and peaceful surroundings of our little valley. And the most wonderful part of each day: to watch the sun set over the property’s own lavender field. An enchanting place to connect and relax.”
Le Mas Couvaloup offers privacy but is not secluded. A small village with a bakery and two restaurants is less than 1 km away. The landscape is dreamy; vinyards, lavender fields, perched villages. A week market in one of the 19 villages in the area is never far away…
The farmhouse is available exclusively for weekly rentals. The mas is rented as a whole and has three en-suite bedrooms and a childrens playroom. It is suited for six adults and a baby or toddler. It has a swimming pool of 5 x 12 m with an alarm. The Mas is surrounded by a 5000 sqm garden and is located in Parc Naturel Régional du Mont-Ventoux.
The interior architect owner has decorated Le Mas Couvaloup in a sober yet Mediterranean style, with natural materials and high quality finishes.
Living space: 130 m2
Capacity: 6 persons
Bedrooms: 3 with ensuite bathroom
Land surface : 5000 m2
Near town and village
Swimmingpool 12m x 5m
Rental rate for summer 2023 is € 3.300 / week (including household linen, towels and final cleaning). Tourist tax is calculated per night and per adult.
Weekly rental from Saturday to Saturday
Arrival between 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm, the house must be vacated before 10:00 am on the day of departure.
Baby cot and high chair can be prepared for you on request
Smoking is not allowed inside the house
Unfortunately pets are not allowed.
*gas/ water/ electricity
*change of linen and cleaning for stays of two weeks or longer
Please email email@example.com to enquire.
Tips for a trip to Vaucluse
- France is known for its delicious wine and food ... and this is certainly reflected in Provence! In the area you can enjoy eating out at from simple restaurants to Michelin star quality. Restaurant Le 6atable in Caromb is a firm favorite.
- Avignon is only a 40 minute drive away. Art, culture and food thrives in this spectacular city. The famous Theatre Festival and world heritage site les Palace du Papes are not to be missed.
- The lavender fields of Vinsobres or Sainte-Jalle in June and July
The Brocante market in Carpentras (4 times a year)
- Vaison is a lovely town with a Roman theatre and a medieval centre.
- Market day is Tuesday morning
- Hiking in Les Dentelles de Montmirail, start early in Gigondas and have lunch at Le Bistro de l’Oustalet
- Lounging at winebar Domaine de la Roche Buissières in the village of
- Faucon, a modern terrace with fantastic view on the vinyards
- This is the Cote du Rhone wine region, with an endless choice of fine wines: Chateauneuf du Pape, Gigondas, Roaix, Seguret, Vacqueyras... For some good organic wine tasting, visit our direct neighbors Oncle Ernest and Domaine Les Talès
- In July and August: music and dance performances in the Roman Theatre of Vaison, or Opera in the Roman theatre of Orange
- A trip to sea: visit pretty villages Cassis and Le Ciotat and the famous Calanques
- Classical concerts at special locations; musiquesdanslesvignes.com
- Starry starry night: in this part of Provence there is not much artificial light. Admire the starry sky in all its splendor from the garden. Take a recliner into the garden and let your eyes get used to the dark for 15 minutes. Focus now on a certain spot because usually meteorites appear everywhere and you cannot just keep an eye on the whole sky...